Architectural Committee

***This is for residents of Amber Meadows in Overland Park Kansas, 66213***

Please fill out the Architectural Approval Form and email photos of your project to:

Note 1: The Architectural Committee must approve any changes or additions to your property, such as: new paint color, roofing color & material, addition of deck, pool, sun room, screened porch, etc.
Note 2: After submitting form, please allow for 7-14 days before Amber Meadows Architectural Committee responds to your request.
Note 3: Read the 2009 Architectural Report
Note 4: Read the Bylaws & Restrictions
Note 5: Read City of Overland Park for Building & Permits

You do NOT have to submit an Architectural Approval Form if:

  • You are painting your house the same color and the color is consistent with the Earth Tone colors.
  • You are replacing your roof with a 40 year asphalt shingle in a “weathered wood” color. (note: “3-Tab” shingles are not allowed)
  • You are replacing your deck or fence with the same material and it is the same size and shape.

Additional Details:

Grass/Lawn Issues

Tall Grass/Weeds Service Request 913-895-6000


A city fence permit is required if you are constructing a new fence and/or extending or replacing an existing one. See the city page on Residential Fences.

Fence around trash cans on side of house is not allowed in Amber Meadows.


Once selected, send an email, ( ) with your chosen roofing material.

  • Roofing GAF-Elk, Timberline-Prestique high definition Weathered Wood shingles, approved colors: Barkwood, Mission Brown, Pewter Gray, Slate
  • Owens Corning Duration Premium shingles, approved colors:  Driftwood, Brownwood
  • Owens Corning Woodcrest, approved colors: Chestnut, Timber


Architectural Painting

When painting your home…
…be a good neighbor.  Click to show approved Earth Tones.



Sheds and outbuildings

Sheds and outbuildings are not allowed according to the Declaration and Restrictions documents (See 2.Y).

Homeowners can build an addition to their home.  Basic rules must be followed:


When choosing a contractor, the HOA Board strongly urges you to ensure that the contractor:

  1. Is in Good Standing with the Better Business Bureau.
  2. Is a member of NARI (National Association of the Remodeling Industry).
  3. Has been in business for at least 3 years and has references.
  4. Offers a warranty of materials AND labor in writing.
  5. Does not require a large down payment.
  6. Continues working until the job is completely finished.  Some contractors begin a job and then don’t come back for several days (or weeks) while they are working elsewhere. This is called “spiking a job” because once they begin, you are legally bound to the contract — no matter how small the start or when they decide to come back.
  7. Offers you a Certificate of Insurance for Liability Coverage & Worker’s Compensation.
    1. Coverage should be at least of $1,000,000 on homes of this size.
    2. If the contractor does not have insurance, you are liable as the homeowner if any worker is injured on your property.
    3. If the contractor says he/she does not need it, THINK TWICE!!
    4. All reputable contractors will be happy to provide Certificates of Insurance.
  8. Obtains any and all permits required by the City of Overland Park.

Overland Park Cares

Overland Park Cares

Online Customer Service center. Report a pothole, inoperable traffic signal or street light, property code violation, speeding and more.




Residential Property Maintenance

Overland Park strives to maintain high standards for the quality of life of our residents. Poor property maintenance affects our environment, health, safety and property values.

Use these resources to help avoid a possible violation on your property and maintain the value of your home.